The Design Intern will support the design team in all aspects of the company’s interior design projects. The ideal candidate for the job will have varied interests in residential and commercial design and a strong desire to contribute to the success of a rapidly growing firm.
- Must be actively enrolled in a college-level Interior Design program with a minimum of two years completed or graduated and seeking work in the field.
- Intermediate experience with AutoCAD a must – i.e., can do basic floor plans, elevations, dimensioning, and printing.
- Flexible schedule. This is a part-time job with hours TBD based on your availability. Applicants should be able to commit to work for a full quarter (3 months) and a minimum of eight hours per week.
- Excellent communication and research skills.
- Strong organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Proactive and professional demeanor.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, 3D rendering software a plus.
- Reliable car, cell phone, and laptop computer. Mileage is reimbursed at IRS standard rates.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, work samples, and the hours/days you are available to work to sarah(at)interiordesignfair.com with Design Intern – [Your Name] in the subject line. If your portfolio is over 8MB in general, please send using the free service at Hightail. Applications with missing information will not be considered.